Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year!

Warning: Completely random post....

We have been so busy recently! We had Chris's (immediate) family's Christmas on the 21st, his extended family Christmas on the 22nd, I directed and wrote a teen play and conducted teen girls in a musical number on the 23rd, we drove to Connecticut and had my family's Christmas (extended then immediate) from the 24th-26th, and then we traveled to Indianapolis from the 27th to the 30th for Mark and Kari's wedding. hahaha....I am just glad to be home. As much as I love people, I don't like constantly living out of suitcase or always being on the run like that. I swear, Chris and I must have spent literally months of our lives driving in the car over the past few years. At least, I feel like it. Well, it was definitely worth it to see family and friends.
- - -
In other news, my PA certification finally came, the day after Christmas! Hooray! I had to work all this week, but Monday I am going to drive a few school boards before I teach lessons to drop off a copy of my cert. Hopefully I'll be subbing within two weeks! I am DYING to be back in classrooms!

- - -

Last year, I kept our Christmas decorations up for a while, but this year, we are so squeezed for space that I took most of them down last night. It is SO tedious to have to take down Christmas ornaments and wrap them, isn't it? Thankfully, I had Friends to keep me company last night. Chandler makes me laugh, without fail, without question.

- - -

I am so happy it's Friday -waitressing all week wears me out! Although, I am picking up a shift for a girl at work tomorrow night. The restaurant has slowed down a ton since Christmas is over and I need a little cash-o-la (as my mom would say). I tried to make a 3-bean 15-minute chili tonight, but I have to say, it didn't turn out that great. It's so disappointing when you spend the time and food to make something and it's just gross, isn't it? Anyway, we still had homemade bacon and onion pizza tonight. I taught my husband to make it, and I have to say, it wasn't half bad.
- - -
Chris and I are totally addicted to house shows - "Flip that House", "Property Virgins", "Property Ladder", and the list goes on. It is truly amazing to see how stupid people are with major financial decisions. :)

- - -
Okay, really, really random: if anyone shops regularly at Aldi, you HAVE to try their "Southwestern Salsa" - you can find it on the side with cheese and meats. It is, bar none, the best salsa I have ever had! Whenever we buy it, I inhale it. Which is why there is a half-full jar of salsa in my fridge tonight that has only been open for about, oh, 25 hours. :)


Have a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

Mrs Marcos said...

We're addicted to those house flipping shows too. The price of housing in MN is fairly high for the Midwest and I'm always amazed at the housing prices in places like CA (HIGH) or TX (relatively low in some areas).

What do you teach? I have a 1-6 license but can't afford to take a pay cut to quit my corporate job and teach.