Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"Soon it will be Christmas day...."

It hasn't felt like Christmas all along, and now I finally feel "Christmasy", and it's going to be over in six days! I have basically everyone shopped for...there's one or two more items that I need to pick up still. I am very proud of myself (!) for buying all SEVEN of my nieces' and nephews' presents for less than $35! ($32.61, to be exact). And we're not talking dollar-store gifts, either! We're talking soft Ty animals for the little ones, a bracelet making set for my 9-year-old niece, a little white puppy that comes with its own pink purse, quality children's books, and more. I'm so excited to see them all open their little gifts. I only wish I had more to spend on people. Seriously - isn't that the best feeling?!

Today my Lia Sophia jewelry that I ordered in October finally came. If any of you have their catalog, I got the "Flaunt" bracelet as a hostess gift, and let me tell you, it is stunning! Can't wait to wear it over Christmas. I also got a set of earrings for my sister.

Work has been crazily busy the last few days, but I guess that's a good thing! We need extra cash since we're both not working at all next week, with traveling for Christmas and then going to Mark and Kari's wedding in Indianapolis. Can't wait to see old friends again - some I haven't seen in over a year. It will be lovely.


Last thing: Went to CVS today; wasn't that great of a week for ECB deals but I had some from Black Friday that needed to be used. Got "Pure Cashmere" body wash (definitely one of my favorite things about CVS - I never spent my money on body wash before! haha), Sootherbs throat drops, batteries, Johnson's baby swabs (stocking up on the free baby stuff while I can - good for making a basket for a new mom!), and gum. My total OOP was 49 cents and I got $3 back. Not that great, but oh well! I'll take it!

2 comments:

Mrs Marcos said...

I agree with you that CVS wasn't that great this week...but it is so addicting to see what you can get for so little out of pocket!

Merry Christmas and safe travels :)

Mary said...

Glad u are in the spirit of things. Just stop posting what you got for ppl on here. What if they see?? ;o)~ hehehe
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!