Thursday, January 17, 2008

Today at work a girl came in with her parents and sat down. She looked to be about my age, and she also appeared to have Down Syndrome or some other mental disability. The thing that got me about this girl is that she was wearing a headband. This wasn't just any headband, though - this baby had sparkly Minnie Mouse ears and a veil coming down the back. Basically, it looked like what they'd give a bride who was celebrating her honeymoon at Disney World. Otherwise, this girl had normal clothes on. She just sat there, the whole time, quietly eating dinner with her parents.

I don't know why exactly, but that just warmed my heart today. I'm guessing she loves that headband, and asked to wear it out, and her parents simply couldn't refuse. To see her, so content with herself, her headband, her veil, and her shrimp....well, it did my heart good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey jessica, I found your blog from Facebook :-) Very cool. Anyway, on Amy's blog she has this Menu Plan Monday group, and there are always way cool recipes there. Check it out. I don't know how you get to it (I am such a senior!), but its from An Organizing Junkie website if that helps. Praying for your job kiddo, Love, Mrs. "Bee"