Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Last night I had a little dinner party. It was just us and Chris's parents, but we had such a great time! Let me tell you, a large part of me was just excited to be able to use my napkin rings from Gabe's (a great little store they had in West Virginia and I've never seen anywhere else) for the first time!


The menu:
3-cheese pepper/onion/chicken bowtie bake (haha - my mom's delicious recipe!)
garlic bread
garden salad
oatmeal cake with cocount-brown sugar icing for dessert (courtesy of Mary - my father in law loves this cake, and I happened to have made it the weekend I got engaged - this cake is
gooood! :)


I didn't think to take any pictures last night, but here's one picture of the cake - delish!





Our apartment is so tiny, and my poor father-in-law had to be squeezed into the corner and couldn't really get out unless we moved the whole table! But we had such a good time, and I'm glad I didn't let the tightness of the space hold me back from having them over - Sandy at 4 Reluctant Entertainers would be so proud of me!

I am so thankful for good food, good times, and wonderful in-laws that love us and the Lord.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I am SO proud of you, girl! Good job - and I love how read how happy you all were! Do it again !!

Heather said...

i totally understand! we can't have more than 2 people over right now. our table is so small that we can't serve the food from the table. :)