Saturday, January 12, 2008

Enter my life:

The scene opens onto a tiny, cute little living room. It is 9:00 on a Tuesday night. DH is watching some kind of sporting event. Wife is meticulously placing pharmacy/household goods into a stackable position on the floor.

DH glances over at wife, face puzzled: "What in the world are you doing?"

Wife does not look up from her task: "Organizing my purchases for my CVS photo."

DH, still completely confused: "What?"

Wife: "I always post what I get at CVS, because people like to see what other people can get for so cheap."

Incredulous DH: "You're kidding."

Wife: "Nope."

DH: "You don't take a photo of your receipt and put it on the internet, too, do you?"

Wife laughs and shakes her head at what her darling husband can never understand........




So:
4 Reese's Whipps
Excedrin Migraine
Colgate toothpaste
2 bags of trash bags
2 boxes of storage bags
2 bottles of dish detergent
2 boxes of 100-cal Reese snackers
4 Christmas plates (.09 each!)
Bag of Christmas bows (.49)
Christmas tree skirt (.49)

Plus DH was with me and he purchased beef jerky, a map of our area, and some candy.

We paid 19.81 oop, using $5/30, a $4/20, and a $3/15, plus lots of manufacturers's coupons. Subtracting what DH bought, I actually paid $8.81 (although the cashier rang in a mysterious $4 item that I did not pay for and didn't realize until I got home - tragedy!). So technically, I paid $4.81 for the above things and got $10 ECB back for them.

The end. :)

1 comment:

Mary said...

The picture definitely enhances your story. I can't believe ALL that you got. You are toooo good! I went to CVS last weekend but didn't see much on sale I needed nor did the flyer have ECB on products I buy. Alas, I shall have to try yet another time. I strive to be more like you. ;o)