Tuesday, January 29, 2008

First of all, I just want to thank all of you who either wrote here or told me in person that you were praying for me. I had two serious issues last week, one medical and one private, that were just weighing so heavily on my heart. Praise God, the doctor thinks I am fine medically and does want me to have one more test, but everything looks okay. The other issue is still pretty serious but I am slowly working through it. Things always seem so much darker when they first occur, you know? I have talked to people about it and while the situation is not resolved, my will to work it out is a lot stronger.

God is so clever, though, isn't He? It's as if He was saying, "Jess, seriously, you need to be closer to me than you are right now. So, __________ is going to happen, and then you will cling to me. Not my fault you're an idiot!" hahaha His thoughts are not mine, that's for sure.


In other news, sometimes the only cure for a depressed girl is to go SHOPPING! Right?! Understand, I can't even tell you the last time I went shopping for myself (and no, CVS doesn't count!) So that's what I did yesterday. Now, understand that when I say shopping, I spent about $90 or less. I got about 31 various items, including household items, jewelry, and clothes. AND I DIDN'T SPEND MORE THAN 9.00 ON ANY ONE THING! Isn't that marvelous?! I hit up Old Navy and got some AMAZING deals, then I went to Goodwill, Target, and CVS. Some of my favorite finds?
.89 jewelry at Old Navy (p.s. I always fill out those ON online surveys that come with your receipt sometimes, and they give you 10% off your whole purchase for doing it - attach it to 75% off sales, and you've got it made)
a fabulous ON black blazer (perfect for work!) for $8.54
adorable pink polka-dotted pj pants for $9.01 (okay, a penny over $9 :)
a big plastic football bowl at Target for $1 - perfect for the Superbowl
2 red and 2 clear glass heart candle holders from Target (love it for Valentine's Day!) - $2 for all four

It's a good day when you can go on a spree and get tons of stuff for very little. Ahhh, retail therapy.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I bought the same football bowl at target ... :) gotta love those good deals!

Yes, we still fellowship at GBC, it's wonderful, it's grown so much and it's great for the kids. And as a Mom they have lots of women's ministries too.

My girls are - Haley (6 years old) and Jillian (will be 5 in a few weeks). They are fun!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess, I am with you on the retail therapy...we MUST do our part to stimulate the economy ya know. It was so good to see you at church Sunday, and I have been praying MEGA for you all week. p.s. where are the pics of your purchases? (wink wink) Love, Lynnebee