Monday, March 3, 2008

Just call me Holly Homemaker, please

Today I received the most glorious blessing (in disguise, of course). I got no call to sub at 5:30....6:00....6:30....or 7:00. Now, generally, this stinks, because we could definitely use the money (we're trying to buy a newer car, because ours are pooping out all the time). Normally when I don't get called to sub, I call up Cracker Barrel and they let me come in. However, having talked to my manager last week, I knew they weren't going to be short this Monday.

So, I embraced my day as a housewife, free of all responsibilities. It was lovely.

I made pancakes, checked all my favorite websites, got an unearthly amount of dishwashing done (definitely my least favorite household task), did 2 loads of laundry, folded 3 loads of laundry, scrubbed down the inside of the microwave (had a salsa dip explosion in there yesterday - not pretty), straightened the living room, researched and typed out all of this week's praise and worship songs for teens, sorted out coupons (you heard me! haha), vaccumed, went to my sister-in-law's house for her mini-muffin tin and to get some snuggle time in with my baby nephews, and went grocery shopping. Which still leaves me time to make some banana-chip muffins for my hard working man and make dinner (Southwest grilled chicken w/salad and seasoned noodles on the side).

Seriously, aren't these kinds of days wonderful? I feel like I have reclaimed part of my life. Or at least my countertop and my laundry room. ;)


Plus, it's like 85 degrees here today. Or maybe 50. But hey, it's gorgeous, and that's all that matters! Here's to productive days!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Did you know that your blog, especially this one, is such an encouragement (aka kick in the butt to remind me what I need to do)? You are a great wife and home-maker.

Jessica said...

thank you so much for writing that! i definitely don't feel that way sometimes (hence the piles of stuff that i had to do yesterday). i know this sounds corny, but it definitely encourages ME that you were encouraged. lol

i miss you!