Sunday, October 28, 2007

So....we've come to the point in our marriage where we've had "the talk". When you're dating, "the talk" is about if marriage is in your future, and when you're married, "the talk" is when you're gonna start havin' those kiddos. Of course, Chris and I have always been talking about having kids, but we were always talking in general terms about waiting "a few years". Well, now we've set a "date" when we will begin trying at least (and it could take years of trying from that point, so who knows!). Lord willing, about a year from now we will prayerfully be "working" on ;) starting a family. The discussion was thrilling to my heart, but to write it down, I guess it does sound kinda business-like: Schedule baby. Fall 2008. haha Anyway, are we weirdos for making a specific date? Maybe we are and just don't realize it.

Anyway...in regards to the other aspects of our lives, I found out that the job I had been waiting on was finally filled. Oh well. I really had given that job up to God and I truly have complete peace about it, all thanks to Him. I really have no idea if teaching will ever be in His plans for me again. Thankfully, I'm staying busy. Working at good ol' CB, teaching lessons on Mondays, and now I will be directing a Christmas play with the teens in church. So I still get to work with teens, which is awesome!

Tomorrow I start a fitness program at a workout center near here, and I am PUMPED! I have been needing this prod to get my butt in gear, and I have a wedding to go to this December and I definitely do not want to be chubby in all the photos. To prepare my body for the taste deprivation, I ordered steak, fries, macaroni and cheese AND dessert at Logan's on Friday night (things I NEVER order in restaurants, normally) and I made chocolate chip cookies tonight. Just so my darling taste buds know they are loved before they get little satisfaction in the coming months.....

2 comments:

Heather said...

not weird at all! it's soooo good to be on the SAME page with your hubby and as long as you're flexible and willing to change according to God's leading, plans are good. :)

a neighbor and i are going to the gym together every morning and it will be great. ha ha - we started this week. i've been needing it too!

Kacie said...

Hi there! Thanks for coming by my blog!

If you want to get rid of your zodiac, go into your Blogger profile and click "edit." Simply remove your birthday, and that should take care of it.

We don't have a Kroger out here in Pittsburgh, unfortunately. Maybe you saw a photo on my blog that included a Kroger product? If you did, it's because I used to live near a Kroger, and I probably just brought those goods with me.

For rebates, I primarily get them through Walgreens and Rite Aid. However, sometimes, a rebate form will come in the Sunday inserts. They're easy to miss. Sometimes, I'll find a rebate form online and if I can link to it whenever that happens, I will.

Finally, thanks for the tip about the Hidden Valley dressing mix. Maybe it will be worth the cost. If I'm out today, I might pick up a packet. (Maybe they have some at a dollar store?)

OK this is a really long comment and I'll be sure to visit your blog again!