Sunday, November 4, 2007

Recently, we have been overwhelmed by...money. Yup, that's right. Ever feel like every single bill you owe comes crashing down at once? I mean, we're talking both of our cars have issues (one is in the shop and the other is due to go in as soon as the other comes out), we just had to dish out a bunch of money for car title transfer, licenses, and PA registration, we have some insurance "adjustments" from May (on bills that we already PAID) that we've just received notice we have to pay, Chris's business has a number of inital start-up costs, a big trip for a wedding at the end of December that we have to budget for, and that's not even all of it -- just all that I feel comfortable sharing! haha And on top of all that, there's CHRISTMAS presents to purchase.

Can you sense my overwhelemedness? (Yes, I've decided that definitely is a word.) I have recently been flooded with fear and stress and just overall become totally freaked out about money issues.

And you know what, I can't explain it, but the past few days, I have had incredible peace about everything. I mean, really, we either have two choices, right? Either a) FREAK OUT, or b) take God literally when He says, "Do not worry about tomorrow." So since freaking out makes me feel physically ill :), I have decided to take the latter approach.

And that's about all I have. I'm taking it day by day right now. Can I encourage you to trust the Lord? Please? Give Him the glory that He deserves by allowing God to be in control. Every time I do this, I have a great story about how cool God is to share with others. I'm ready to share another - very soon. :)

No comments: