Monday, October 22, 2007

Attention: Now ANYONE can comment on my blog ---- so please let me know if you're reading! I feel like no one is reading this blog right now. I need to know if I'm writing for no one but myself! :)



I made salmon tonight for the first time ever (and only the second time I've ever eaten it in my life) and OH MY WORD, it was fabulous! I grilled it, then made Green Giant's "Immunity Boost" frozen veggie mix, and then cooked up Betty Crocker's "Seasoned Skillets" Roasted Garlic and Herb potatoes. The salmon was on sale at Wal-Mart, I had a coupon for the veggies, and the potatoes are only 88 cents at Wal-Mart. Delish. I highly recommend all of the above foods.

Today was my second week of voice/piano lessons to the four home-schooled girls that I teach. All of them are good girls, but my favorite one to teach is Faith, the 16 year old. She really has talent and it is so fun to give her songs that she's never been exposed to before. I started her on "True Love's Farewell" today and she just perked right up! Normally her background has been only church music, so this was something out of the norm for her. It is a true joy to my heart to give a student a piece of music that fits them and they love to work on!

This weekend I went to Connecticut to play piano for my church's fall Bible conference. I was paid $243 for my travel cost, but then I was anonymously given another $178!! I was incredulous. God is amazing, because that pretty much will cover most of the cost to go to Mark and Kari's wedding in Indianapolis at the end of December. It will be a huge reunion of my dear friends and I can't wait.

1 comment:

Heather said...

i'm reading! i have a blogspot too...though it's still "under construction" and spazzing out occasionally. :) glad you guys are well! keep in touch!