Tuesday, June 10, 2008

*Sigh*

I was saddened today to realize that a fellow blogger had copied one of my blog ideas only a day after I originally posted. This is not the first time she has done this. She's not a regular commenter or anything, but I knew that she read my blog and vice versa. She's not anyone I know in real life, but she does profess to be a Christian.

She has recently been writing about/asking others for new ideas for her blog, saying that she was fresh out. I guess I'm mostly disappointed because she has a ton of readers, and I have...well, not a ton :)...and maybe she has figured that since so few people read my blog, no one would realize she was copying my thoughts almost exactly?

I e-mailed her today about it. Because even though we live in this virtual world, as Christians we are supposed to admonish one other when someone has done something unpleasing to God. I was very kind - not rude at all, although I wanted to be! haha


I've just always hated when people condescendingly say, "Copying is the sincerest form of flattery."

No, actually, it isn't.

It's unethical, lame, and just plain rude.

*Whew* Okay, had to get that off my chest!



In other news, has anyone gone strawberry picking yet? I've been waiting for about 3 months now and I think I'm going to go this Friday, since I don't have class. My mouth is dying to taste strawberry shortcake again. Does anyone have a great strawberry recipe? Please share!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is the ant war going? I don't have any good strawberry recipes...I don't have any good recipes :-) When are you guys coming down again? Love you, Bee

Mary said...

I don't have a recipe to share but I had some yesterday on angel food cake instead of a biscuit and it was FAB!
Oh and kitchen tip friend.. use an egg slicer for the strawberries to get perfect slices.

Kathy said...

oh no! was it me?? I didn't get an email from you but I sure hope I wasn't the one who copied! =)

LOVE strawberries on angel food cake, even better than on shortcakes. I also LOVE fat free Reddi Whip on a huge bowl of berries, so simple and yummy!