Sunday, November 16, 2008

So....just kidding!

After I just wrote a whole post about the diet, I have decided not to continue "Flat Belly" and to continue with "Eat Great, Lose Weight" (Suzanne Somers).

I did lose FOUR POUNDS (even with pms-y bloating!) and I am now currently at my college weight!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!

Which translated means that I have 9 pounds to go to reach my goal weight - not super-skinny, and not even what I weighed on my wedding day - but a weight that I feel is reasonable and healthy for my body and stage of life.

I'm so freakin' excited! :) Something about nine pounds just sounds so much nicer than ten pounds to me.

I decided not to stay with "Flat Belly" because it required constant measuring and weighing, and that is really just no way to live, in my opinion.

So, I started EGLW today, and I'll give it a try until Thanksgiving. I've already decided/know that I will eat a normal (although moderate!) Thanksgiving meal, because there's really no point in trying to be that self-controlled. And when you have a mom like mine, you just can't pass up food like that!

Anyway, I'm realistically prepared to gain a pound or so as my body re-adjusts to new foods and a new pattern, but if by next week at Thanksgiving I'm one pound less than where I am today, I will consider that a success :).

Here's to feeling healthy and thinner! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay!! That book is her first one she has one called "Fast and Easy" which is helpful at times. There are some faves of mine in there, the tex mex pork chops yummmmmm! Then there are two others. "Eat Cheat and melt the fat away" and "Get Skinny on Fabulous food." Everything seems overwhelming at first, but if you love to cook, which i somehow guess that you do, then you will have som much fun making her yummy food. I made her choc. cream pie the other day, delicious and not a single granule of sugar. I always use stevia wich she talks about in her later books.