Sunday, February 17, 2008

I hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day! Mine included a surprise box of flowers from ProFlowers (whoo hoo) and a Bible that is soon coming. My husband is the kind of man who will take ages just to think of one thing he wants for any kind of special occasion, so I just made the thinking easy this time and made my man a big pan of lasagna (one of his favorite foods, and one that I have never made in our marriage. why? couldn't tell ya), garlic bread, and a nice big salad. Then Sara Lee and I made a nice big strawberry cheesecake for dessert. It was a really, really great evening, just the two of us at home with my adorable Target candles lit :). It was V-Day 4 years ago that things started cooking with us, so it was fun to remember the good times....back when my husband had a huge crush on me and I told him that I loved him dearly but we would always simply be best friends. HA!

Friday night, Chris and I hung out with two other young couples and went to Friendly's (basically the only well-known restaurant out here in the PA boonies that is not 1/2 hour away). A lot of laughing, tons of fun.

Saturday I was husband-less, since Chris was working on his Dad's house. My day consisted of some great Goodwill shopping (it's my yard-sale fix in the winter months), and watching 4 episodes of Grey's Anatomy Season 3 (guilty pleasure ;). Then my darling hubby came home and we just relaxed. Saturdays are my bum days, and I am not ashamed! :)

Today: church and Sunday lunch with the family. We had a "cast party" for the teens that were involved with the Christmas play I wrote. We ate pizza and watched the video of the play that my brother-in-law put together. It's always funny to watch something like that - we had a great time.

Time for another work week. Tomorrow's Presidents' Day, so I'm working at CB 11-7. Looking forward to money, but not for work, that's for sure......

No comments: